Finally a lawyer who is funny outside of the courtroom.
When Marcel Strigberger tells non lawyers that he is a lawyer and a humourist, the most common response is, “That’s an oxymoron”.
Lawyers are often the butts of crude jokes. There is even a joke about lawyer jokes. It goes, “Lawyers don’t think lawyer jokes are funny and laymen don’t think they’re jokes”
The law and the practice of law are rife with humour. And we all can use humour to break the tensions, to create rapport and simply to maintain our sanity.
Marcel has been effectively using humour in his litigation practice for over 35 years. And he has also published legions of humourous articles in legal and non legal publications. Marcel is also an accomplished speaker. He has addressed lawyers, judges and non legal people, in an entertaining manner, on how to use humour to enhance one’s professional and personal life.
His talks will be of great interest to anyone interested in issues such as civility, burn out or technological overwhelm, or to anyone who simply does not wish to be stuffy and rigid.
Legalhumour.com is a unique site also containing original humourous articles penned by Marcel about lawyers, judges and cases. Marcel also amuses the folks with frequent blogs about news items with a legal twist.
Other ingredients: NO LAWYER JOKES
We publish original humourous stories and legal musings. Some of the classical stories include:
- Capital Idea- A view on how knowing the background of a judge will win him over;
- Chopin? It’s child abuse- A story on why parents should consider the legal consequences before they try to foist music lessons on an unwilling child.
- Mutiny on the Sidney McNish- A tale about a disillusioned lawyer who decides to join a local ferryboat as a shiphand only to get caught up in a mutiny.
- The Wisdom of Solomon- find out what ever happened to that baby, King solomon almost cut in two in an attempt to solve the case of the duelling mothers.
- Socrates v The Republic of Greece and Hokos Pokos Phamaceuticals- The story of the lawsuit by the great philosopher after the hemlock failed to kill him, but left him with an awful skin rash.
- The Druid Temple v. Jock the Mover- Didn't you all wonder whatever happened to the roof of the temple at Stonehenge?
- And Toto Too- The law rises to save Dorothy's little dog from that wicked witch.